Are you from the United Arab Emirates tired of being unable to travel and jumping through hoops to get into places?
Have you been looking forward to going to Thailand for the past two years? Try tasty food, relax on warm beaches, walk through the jungle with native animals, or learn about a different culture.
Do you want to know how to plan your trip to Thailand? If that is the case, you have come to the right place. Do remember to apply for a Thailand visa from UAE accordingly.
Significant changes help you plan the trip.
Today, Thailand no longer has any restrictions or requirements for getting in. UAE citizens can now go to the Land of Smiles as quickly as before the pandemic.As Covid-19 slowly dies out, responsible travelers go to places they have not been able to visit for a long time. Even though there are no longer any restrictions, UAE citizens need to know a few essential things to make their trip go smoothly.
- Foreigners do not have to prove that they have Covid Insurance.
- All hotels no longer have to put people in quarantine.
- Emirati travelers no longer need a Thailand Pass to enter Thailand.
- Travelers who have been vaccinated do not need to show proof of vaccination before they arrive.
- Travelers who are not vaccinated, including children traveling with parents who are not vaccinated, must take an RT-PCR or Professional Antigen Test (Pro-ATK) 72 hours before leaving for Thailand. There is no need to upload proof before you travel.
- Airlines and Thai Immigration will check travelers randomly to ensure they meet the requirements for preventing COV (vaccination certificate or Covid test).
- Masks are no longer mandatory.
- The TM6 arrival card has been temporarily removed when entering Thailand.
If you know all of the above, you can plan a great vacation without stress. This lets you pay attention to what is most important: having fun.
What You Need to Travel to Thailand
- Visa (if required)
- Travel Insurance
- Planned Flight Route
- Hotel booking
- Vaccination record (if vaccinated)
- COVID-19 test result (if unvaccinated)
The proper documents will speed up the screening process to get into Thailand.
How to Get into Thailand from the United Arab Emirates
Try to get a Thailand visa.
United Arab Emirates – a Visa Exempt country
UAE tourists love to visit Thailand. It is different from what they can find at home. Through the Visa Exemption Program, people from the UAE can go to Thailand without a visa. A citizen of the UAE can stay in the country as a tourist for up to 30 days, and they can get their permit extended at any local immigration office to remain for another 30 days. This means that Emirati travelers can spend up to 60 days in Thailand.
Visas for extended stays in the Emirates
Visas for tourists and special tourist visas (STV)
Tourist visas can be requested from the Thai embassy or consulate by people from the UAE. A tourist visa lasts 60 days and can be extended for another 30 days. A 90-day Special Tourist Visa (STV) can be extended twice for 90 days at the local immigration office. With the STV, a visitor can stay in Thailand for up to 9 months as long as they meet specific requirements. You can get an STV until September 2022.
Thai Elite Visa
If you want Thailand to be easy to get to for a long time or considering moving there permanently, you should look into the Thailand Elite Visa.
An Emirati with a Thai Elite Visa can live there for 5, 10, or even 20 years. Thai Elite members do not have to worry about some of the requirements for long-term visas that other people have to meet.
The Thai Elite visa is hard to get and gives its holders many benefits. Read more about the Thailand Elite Visa if you want to live the “Thai life” for a long time.
A wide range of non-immigrant visas are also available to foreigners:
Non-immigrant B Visa – for working or running a business
Non-immigrant O visa – for spouse and family to visit Thai
Non-immigrant ED visa: for students of recognized schools in Thailand and their parents or legal guardians
Non-immigrant O retirement visa – for people who want to retire in Thailand
Non-immigrant OA and OX visas are for people who want to stay in Thailand for a long time but do not want to move there (it differs from type O visa)
Download this Thai visa application form to apply for a Thai visa.
You will need to:
Fill out the form by typing the necessary information because a handwritten form will not be accepted.
Print out two copies of the visa application form that has been filled out.
Get the documents you need to apply for the visa you want.
Bring your visa application and any required documents to the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulates in the United Arab Emirates(UAE).
Royal Thai Embassy, Abu Dhabi, (UAE): Villa no. 65, Al Shumous Street, End of Dihan Street, Str No.21, Al Zafranah Area, Near Abu Dhabi General Headquarters, the General Directorate of Central Operations, Traffic and Patrol Directorate, Abu Dhabi(UAE).Contact: +97125576551 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dubai, Royal Thai Consulate-General: Near Raffles International School West: Villa 35, Al Jali Street, Community 366 Umm Suqeim 3, P.O. Box 51844, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. (Opposite Jumeirah Beach Hotel). For more information, call +971 4 348 9550 or email email@example.com.
Getting a shot and going to Thailand
- No longer do you need to apply for a Thailand Pass. There are two ways for people from the UAE to get into the country.
- Travelers Who Have Been Vaccinated: Emiratis who have been vaccinated do not have to take any Covid tests before leaving the UAE. When they travel, they will need a copy of their vaccination record. Children under 18 years traveling with parents vaccinated do not have to take an RT-PCR or Pro-ATK test before leaving.
- Travelers who have not been vaccinated: Before going to Thailand, people who have not been vaccinated will need an RT-PCR or Professional Antigen (Pro-ATK) test at a clinic or doctor. Before leaving the Emirates, the test result must be given within 72 hours.
- A home ATK (RAT) test is not good enough. Children under 18 years traveling with parents who have not been vaccinated must also take a test.
- Airlines and immigration will check passengers randomly to ensure they meet Covid requirements. It is best to have your Certificate of Vaccination or Covid test ready to show.
Get on a plane to Thailand from UAE
Flight paths are now available again. Dubai is a prominent place where international flights to and from Asia stop. This makes it easy for Emirati tourists to find a flight and be on the beach in a few hours. To encourage people to travel internationally, many airlines are offering great deals.
These are some standardairlines:
- Austrian Airlines
You can land at any of Thailand’s international airports and change planes immediately to go elsewhere. There are no longer any “sealed” flights, but you may be asked to show a vaccination certificate or test result before boarding a domestic flight. Self-tests for ATK can be found at airports, pharmacies, and convenience stores if you travel within your own country.
Most airlines that fly between countries follow the rules of the country where they land. Check with the airline services to see if you need to take any tests before you can board.
Book a Hotel for your Thailand stay
Anyone can book a room, whether vaccinated or not, as long as they take an RT-PCR/Pro-ATK test 72 hours before they leave. There are no quarantine requirements. Most booking sites have taken down their SHA+ quarantine packages.
If “Quarantine Package” is on the list, you do not have to opt for it.
When going to Thailand, travelers have always had to enter an address. The place to stay can be a hotel, a home, or the address of a friend. Usually, this would be written on the blue arrival card (TM6), but as you will see below, things are also changing here.
Travel insurance needs to be set up.
If you are not from the country, you should buy Travel Insurance. Even though “Covid Insurance” is no longer a requirement for entry, intelligent travelers know how important it is to have insurance when going abroad.
It is better to have travel insurance and not need it than to need it and not have it. Not only Covid is covered by travel insurance. Comprehensive travel insurance will also cover the following:
- Medical emergencies
- Personal injury & accidents
- Flights missed or held up.
- Damage to belongings
- Luggage went missing
It isessential to know that Thai medical care is not accessibleto people from other countries. If Emirati citizen needs medical care, they will have to pay for it no matter what. This could mean paying thousands of Dirhams out of pocket, depending on how bad it is.
There are many reasons to keep yourself insured when you travel.